Tuesday 12 January 2010

Softly softly


January's been bloody interminable. It's still only the 12th; not even halfway through! I don't like to wish away days, but this month's been all about bills, tax (tax return finally submitted- huzzah!) and Norovirus. Enough said.
Anyway, now that we're all better, I'm hoping to regain some of the enthusiasm with which I started this blog project. I made banana bread and took a photo... what's a post without pictures?
My mum's going into hospital to have her hip replaced later this month. She's been putting off having a health visitor carry out a home assessment, it turns out because she's embarrassed at the state of the house. It is a tip, but my parents have always seemed happy, if not proud, of being eccentric clutterbugs. Anyway, I've talked her into letting me, one of my brothers, and her daughter-in-law give the place a blast on Thursday... I'm excited at the prospect of taking a load of crap to the tip! Can't believe they're going to let us do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment